Monday, January 5, 2009

Up and Atom, Adams...or shall I now say Hager

So, it's Monday....and it sucks to have to go back to work. What sucked even more than work, was getting up at 4:50AM to hit the gym! I would like to sugar coat it and act like I have a great attitude about it, but the fact remains that it SUCKS!! To look at things on the brighter side, I have a teacher friend who meets me there and she hates it too...so we battle together! Together=easier! I have a terrible mind set...truth be told, I do a lot better when I know that someone else is suffering with me.

I missed my blog yesterday, but I was still very good. I did go to the gym: Body Pump. Body Pump is evil for those of you who haven't tried it. It makes every muscle in your body sore, if you do it the right way. http://www.lesmills.com/global/en/members/bodypump/bodypump-group-fitness-program.aspx It is, however, the most fun way to lift weights and gain strength. This morning when I got out of bed to use the bathroom, I almost couldn't use my calves! Walking up the stairs at the gym was a bitch! Even cleaning myself in the shower hurt muscles I had forgotten that I had. But, in all honestly, all that hurt really makes me feel good mentally. It makes me proud of myself that I have gotten back on the wagon. It makes me feel good that I started before Monday (I think this is the first time EVER! I am sooooo the Monday dieter)! I mentally have decided that my theme of the year is "Fine in 09." Corny as hell yes, but exactly what I want to see.

I have packed my breakfast and lunch and I am ready for this first day of school in over two weeks. I am not going to let anybody get me down or anyone ruin my day, or how I feel right now! I'm proud of myself. :)

XOXO,
Mimi's World

2 comments:

Robin said...

good for you....i was a hot disaster this morning but I did make it to the gym this afternoon. I have my lunch packed for tomorrow! Woooohooooooo we rock!!!!!

Steelers Wine Girl said...

Wow, go Mimi! I know I wouldn't have gotten out of bed period. I need to go in the evening. I need a teacher friend who will go with me, too!!!