Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF

Sodas: 1 Lbs down: 7
This morning sucked! Even with dozing off around 8:30 and being in bed before 9:00 last night, the getting up at 4:50 is really starting to catch up with me :(. BUT, I did it. I have officially been to the gym 8 times since last Saturday and I am feeling good. I'm stronger already (I upped my weights at body pump this morning) and I am burning more calories on the elliptical already. So if nothing else, I know my body is happy! My Pink Lady in charge and I are being silly with each other at school and jokingly trying to sabotage each others diets. I left her a note on her desk the other day that said, "You look very hungry today, here is a little something to keep you going through the day" and left her a pack of M&Ms. She came back with a note, "Congratulations on deciding to be Fine in '09, which of these choices will you make today?" and left me a Hershey bar and a grapefruit. She is a lot of fun! And to think, she is my boss! I will be tested tonight and tomorrow morning on how good I can be. I have a conference to go to and they are serving dinner and breakfast....so, I'll report back if I was able to be a good girl or not.

My BFFASS is making small goals that I really like what she is doing and think I am going to start making as well. She had a challenging day yesterday with food and drinking, so she made a deal with herself that if she stuck to her guns and was a good girl, she would buy herself a purse that she had put back the week before. I'm waiting back on the report, but I think I am going to start doing the same thing! Since I have a challenging weekend, with the conference and PotLuck on Saturday, I am making a pact with myself that if I am good and don't eat too much I will buy myself a new pair of workout pants. I am in desperate need of a long pair of workout pants!! I think it's important to reward yourself for small accomplishments, because it's all the small accomplishments that add up to the big ones...it has to be fun!

Well that's all for today. I'm debating whether to shower and nap before work, or just to plug on through and get to work early......

xoxo,
MW

2 comments:

Robin said...

darling the purse was sold out but i was still good. i definitely think we're instant gratification girls so small goals would be great for you as well!

we can do this and we will!

Steelers Wine Girl said...

Yay Mimi, down 7 lbs!!! I am so happy for you! I haven't weighed myself, but have been eating mostly better.

P.S. - I haven't had time to read all of your posts but it is on my To Do! Love ya!