Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reality Sucks!

I sent Mark out yesterday to get us a scale that weighs to the .2, .4, etc. and he comes back with this crazy scale that could almost make your lunch if you asked it! As much as I hate it, between that and the Biggest Loser, my fatness is becoming reality...and it sucks!! Biggest Loser had me in tears last night as Grandpa went home. He reminds me, in so many ways, of my own father. But, when they show the three months later video I was super proud of Gramps!! He looks awesome!! As much as I would like to be on the biggest loser with BFFASS, there is no way in hell! Between me wanting to smack Jillian (and on this weeks episode, I could have smacked Bob too if that had been me) and having no desire to work out for 8 hours a day, there is just NO WAY! Then for that one poor girl to have only lost 1 lb! After winning the challenge and working out 56 hours that week...hell no! I'll keep my once a day workout, thank you! My other concern is that poor BigBoy. They have him running on a treadmill...and all 465 lbs coming down on his joints...can't be good. So as much as I love the BL, I will just let it keep motivating me from home. So back to the scale....THE SCALE!!! UGH! So this scale measures 1. your weight 2. your fat percentage 3. your bone density 4. your BMI 5. your hydration level 6. how many lbs you have til goal 7. how many lbs you have lost or gained since you last weighed. All of this in one little, forty dollar scale from Wal-Mart. CRAZY! BUT...what's even more crazy is that my body is 47% fat and my BMI is 39. I am a walking time bomb!! My body is (for the sake of rounding up) half fat!!! YIKES! I have spent my whole life telling everyone how much muscle I have...and it seems that it ain't much!! BOOOO! So, if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is. Reality that I am truly OBESE and UNHEALTHY!! I recommend that anyone, and everyone, go out and get one of these scales. It's more than just a number on a scale. It's the whole truth, nothing but the truth....please help me GOD! lol It really hits home. It makes you realize that you are just committing suicide slowly! WOOF! But, on a brighter note it has kicked my ass into gear full speed ahead! This morning at the gym, we tried a new elliptical. It hurt like a bitch, but instead of getting off I pumped it up and suffered for 600 calories worth of burn!! I will return tomorrow and every day after until I have conquered that machine! I am on a mission. How long will it take for me to get my BMI down below 30? That's my new goal.

BFFASS...glad you're back on the wagon! It isn't the end of the world...more just like reality! I'm proud of you!!

XOXO,
MW

3 comments:

clp said...

coming from a girl that doesn't even own a cheapy scale...your new one SCARES ME!!!! gesuz. maybe it can do your taxes for you this year, too!!

but $40 isn't bad at ALL for all that info you're getting!! GOOD JOB!!! keep it up, homegirl!!!!

Robin said...

wow that is scary. Gigi does all of that when I meet with her at my appointments. it is scary info. j lowe just went through it on Monday!

Steelers Wine Girl said...

I'm also afraid of your scale, although I do need one. I think I'll stick with one that just tells me my weight! I'm not brave enought to want to know the rest of that info!!